Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Off We Go!

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go! (Hmm...that sounds like a great opening line for a song!) Both my bags to be checked through weigh in right at 50 pounds, the maximum allowable weight, and my carry on bags are about 20 pounds total. Thank goodness for whoever invented rolling luggage.

My neighbor Lee Hubbard is going to take me to Christ Church UMC to catch the bus at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow morning and then we'll be off. There will be about 9 of us getting on in Charleston and we'll pick up most of the others as we drive north on I-79. A few folks will meet us in D.C.

It's hard to believe that it's finally time to go - when I made the decision back in June, December 27 seemed so far off. I will post to the blog from Moscow if I can, but if not, I'll tell you all about it when I get back. (Note: Blogger just changed to a new version that I had to switch to and I'm not sure how if affected my previous posts. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm also having trouble with my e-mail account: Charter was bought out by Suddenlink and while I'm receiving e-mails OK I don't seem to be able to send. Again, I don't know how this will affect things if I try to get into my accounts from Moscow.)

Keep us in your prayers!

Blessings,
Margie

No comments: