Saturday, December 02, 2006

Travel Updates

Whoopee! In yesterday's mail I received an update from Rev. Clark about our travel arrangements. Here is our flight information:

28 Dec Delta flight #1067 Washington National - Atlanta 1000a-1157a
28 Dec Delta flight # 192 Atlanta - New York JFK 0200p-0420p
28 Dec Delta flight # 30 New York JFK - Moscow 0520p-1100a(next day)

08 Jan Delta flight # 47 Moscow - Atlanta 1225p-0420p
08 Jan Delta flight # 605 Atlanta - Washington National 0630p-0815p

I will get on the bus in Charleston (at Christ Church UMC) at1000a on Wednesday, Dec. 27 along with eight other team members. Lyndsey Gallian will start out in Charleston with me as well as my assigned roommate, Janet Blount from Campbells Creek. I look forward to meeting her! I now have a picture roster of everyone going on the trip. There will be 35 of us, most from W.Va. but a couple from Va. and one from Minneapolis!

Rev. Clark will have our passports, visas and other documents for us when we reach D.C. He will also have our team sweatshirts (blue) that we will all wear so he can keep track of us!

I went shopping with Regina today and picked up a lot of the toiletries I will take with me (in 3 oz. containers!) as well as Dramamine, Immodium and Pepto tablets. I'm going to sort the presents for the orphans tomorrow and figure out how many complete bags I will be able to take. If I have extras of anything I will share them with Lyndsey if she needs them.

24 days to go! Wow!

No comments: