Wednesday, August 23, 2006

This and That

First of all, many thanks to my colleagues in Richmond this week who bought lots of circus tickets for the Russian orpans. I was over there for a staff meeting and "coerced" them into it. It didn't take a lot of arm twisting - they are all warm-hearted, generous people. I still have some tickets to sell and I can take donations ($10.00 per ticket) even after I run out of the souvenir tickets to give you in return.

I ordered a couple of "microfiber" towels to take with me. They are supposed to be super-absorbent but they are finely woven and don't weigh much. (Weight is very important in what I'm going to pack!) I also got some neon yellow name tags to put on my luggage. I don't think I'll miss them on the luggage rack at the airport. :-)

During the drive to and from Richmond I got to work on a couple more Russian lessons. I'm now learning how to order in restaurants and terms I will need in a hotel. I don't know that I'll need to use much of the language on my own since we'll have a translator with us at all times but it's fun to learn.

No comments: