Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Information Packet is Here!


Good news! I received my envelope full of information about my trip today from Tom Clark. I now know my payment schedule, what I need to pack, how we're getting to the plane in DC (by bus) and what we'll be doing with the orphans in Moscow. There are LOTS of forms to fill out including my visa application and health insurance .

I also have tickets to sell for the Moscow circus - $10.00 each! Unfortunately we won't be able to go to the circus with the children because they're going the day we leave Charleston but we still want to pay for as many tickets as possible. If you want to participate in this you can send $10.00 per ticket to me or directly to WV-VIM.

We'll also be taking nice West Virginia souvenirs as gifts for our hosts. I plan on getting some nice calendars, prints and postcards to take with me. I can't take anything too heavy; Tom reminded us that we have to carry everything we pack!

He also reminded us to travel in the spirit of humility and with a genuine desire to learn more about the Russian people. This is a mission trip and we are going to share God's love and to build cultural bridges with the Russian people.

More details tomorrow!

No comments: