Monday, August 14, 2006

Presents for Children and Youth

Along with winter clothes, towels, washcloths and toilet paper, each of us will be taking along at least 25 gift packs for the children. Here's what goes in each pack for the children and youth:

Make Up and Nail Polish for Girls/Cologne for Boys
Winter Gloves and Knitted Winter Hat
1 Tube of Chap Stick, 1 Tube of Hand Lotion
1 Toothbrush, 1 Tube of Toothpaste
1 Pad of Writing Paper, Erasers
2 Pencils, 2 Pens, 1 Pencil Sharpener
Socks for Boys or Girls

All of this will go into 2-gallon zip lock bags and I will add a signed Christmas card to each package. (I already have a donation that will cover the cost of the zip-lock bags.) If you would like to help me provide these gifts for the orphans you may either send me a donation marked for that purpose or, if you wish, you may purchase the items themselves and bring or send them to me. (Please let me know if you buy the items themselves so I don't wind up with duplicates of one item and not enough of another.)

There is also a list for Infants and Toddlers that includes items such as crayons, coloring books, stickers and dolls but Rev. Clark tells us that it is unlikely that we will be visiting those orphanages. However, if you prefer to provide those items get in touch with me and I'll be glad to fix some packages with those items, too.

Thank you all for your interest and your contributions. Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Margie---I will do hand lotion or lip chap for your bags. I will have to talk to Judy to see which will be the best buy and let you know.
Elaine