Friday, August 04, 2006

Comments and Advice

If any of you have tried to add a comment to this blog and been told you have to be a member that's not true any more. I changed the settings so that anyone can comment. You need to know that if you add a comment it will be published on the blog unless I delete it. If you want your comment to be private send it to my e-mail address. All nice comments are welcome!

My advice came last night from Rev. Barry Moll who just returned from the summer WV-VIM trip to the Russian orphanages. We had an absolutely wonderful parish dinner and program at Central UMC last night and I pestered Barry while he was trying to eat to tell me all about his trip. He told me about seeing "Pirates of the Caribbean II" in Russian with two little girls clinging to him during the scary parts, of all the good food we will be served at the Christmas parties we attend (at least two parties a day), about the care packages we will be assembling to take with us (more about that later - you get to help me!), shopping and wearing long underwear with lots of layers on top!

This has nothing to do with Russia, but the program last night was provided by the Martin Luther King Jr. Male Chorus and they are FANTASTIC. The Chorus is made up of African-American men of many different denominations who sing black gospel style music - they really brought the house down. If you ever get the chance to see them, do. They will be singing Sunday afternoon at the Capitol as part of Charleston Multi-Fest.

No comments: