Thursday, October 12, 2006

Other Travelers

In this month's edition of "The West Virginia United Methodist" (the church's official newletter for the state) there is a nice article titled "Russia trip introduces Wesleyan students to global outlook". The newsletter is online but unfortunately this article didn't make the cut for inclusion in the online version. Anyhow, it tells the experiences of six students from W.Va. Wesleyan College who spent their May class term in Russia exploring the history, music, religion and culture of Russia. They also worked with special needs children.

Quite unexpectedly, I heard about two other travelers who I think will be on the trip with me in December. I e-mailed a library colleague about something the other day and sent her the link to my blog when she asked what I had been up to lately. It turns out that one of her co-worker's husband and son have been on the summer mission trip and are planning to go again this winter. I can't wait to talk with them - it's a small world!

No comments: