Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm BACK!

It's been way too long since my last post, but I've got some VERY good excuses! On February 1, 2008, I had arthroscopic surgery on my right knee. That went well, but the EKG didn't make anyone happy, so, to make a long story a little shorter, I wound up having a double coronary bypass on February 22. God is good (all the time!) and I had a fantastic recovery.

Also, on July 1 last year four United Methodist churches here on the West Side of Charleston came together to form Canaan United Methodist Church . I play keyboards in the praise band, sing in the choir and chair the Council. It's been quite a ride but I wouldn't have missed a minute of it. Well, almost all of it!

Anyhow, updating the blog kind of fell between the cracks. I wasn't able to go to Russia on the 2008-9 trip because I used ALL my leave time with my medical adventures (and had to take advantage of the leave-sharing program at work - grateful for it, too!). This year though, everything is working out for me to go. Look for the next post for details!

No comments: