Monday, September 21, 2009

How You Can Help

When people find out about this mission trip, they want to help! There are several things you can do. First, PRAY! It's a long, hard trip (but well worth it!) and all of us on the trip will need all the prayer support we can get.

Second, you can make a contribution to W.Va. Volunteers in Mission (see the link to the right of the blog) or towards my expenses by sending a check to Canaan United Methodist Church with "Margie - Russia" in the memo line. The trip itself costs $2400 and there will be shipping fees for the presents we will be taking to the orphans (see below).

Third, you can help me gather presents for the orphans. I will be posting a list of the items that I will need to take with me to help make up the packages that we will give to the kids. (Thanks to Mona Meyer and Connie Crouch and the Canaan Kitchen crew for the items I've already received!) I've been asked why we can't ship the presents instead of paying airline fees for extra baggage, but when items are shipped to Russia, they don't always make it to their destination. If we take them with us, we are more sure that they will get there with us.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!

No comments: