Sunday, January 13, 2008

Feeling International

What a week this has been! As I'm getting ready to go back to work tomorrow I've been thinking back over where I've been and what I've done this week. On Tuesday morning at 3:00 a.m. Moscow time I was in the lobby of the Hotel Ismailovo Delta waiting for the bus to take us to Sheremetavo II Airport. Later that day I was sitting in Charles De Gaulle Airport outside of Paris eating a sandwich and Coke Lite that cost me $10.00. I finally made it to American soil about 7:00 that night (about 24 hours after we left Moscow) and was so happy to see Missy and Leon there waiting for me and Jan. We spent the night with them and drove home to Charleston on Wednesday. I have rubles, euros and American coins in my pocket!

This afternoon I attended a wonderful Community Music concert presented by Her Majesty's Cold Stream Guards and Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. It was fantastic regimental band music and highland flings from the British Isles. I'm feeling very international!

I'm going to start posting pictures of the trip with the next blog entry. I'll try to move along a little faster than I did last year! I'm also planning to put all my pictures up on Shutterfly and will send invitations to view them to all my friends and my buddies from the trip.

No comments: