Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Thanks to the Insurance Ladies!

I had a wonderful time yesterday evening speaking about my "Adventure" to the Charleston Area Insurance Women. My friend Margaret Ann invited me to be the speaker at this month's meeting and I was happy to oblige. We met at Shoney's; they had their business meeting, we ate dinner and then I talked to them for about 15-20 minutes. They were a wonderful audience and I received a lot of encouragement and support from them for this year's trip. Thank you!

This year's trip? Oh, yeah. In case I haven't mentioned it, I am going back this Christmas (as they say, if the Good Lord's willin' and the creeks don't rise!). I've already sent all my paperwork and my downpayment of $150 to Rev. Clarke. The cost of the trip has increased to $2250 this year; I imagine that part of that is due to increases in the cost of airplane fuel and therefore our airfare. I don't look forward to the long flight in cramped quarters but all the discomfort of the flight is well worth it once I get there!

No comments: