Sunday, September 17, 2006

Such Generous Friends

Thank you again to everyone who has so generously donated to the expenses and needs of this trip. My friend Regina and her daughter Jessica visited from Lewisburg this weekend; when we went shopping Saturday she helped me find and buy some of the school supplies that will go in the gift packs for the kids. She's a teacher, so she knew the best kind of stuff to buy!

My music buddy Ed was the latest to buy a Russian Circus ticket to send an orphan to the Circus. I only have one ticket left but I can still take donations for the Circus if you don't mind not getting a souvenir ticket in return.

My other music buddy Carr gave me a generous donation this morning to help buy presents for the orphans. Here is a list of the items I still need:

Make Up and Nail Polish for Girls/Cologne for Boys (25 total items)
Winter Gloves and Knitted Winter Hats(25 of each)
Socks for Boys or Girls (25 total pairs)
Erasers (25)

If you want to help provide these items you can purchase the actual items and get them to me as soon as possible or you can make a cash donation. (If you want to make a tax-deductible donation you can make a check out to Central United Methodist Church and mark the memo line "Russia Trip". I will be sharing these donation with my co-traveler Lyndsay Gallian.)

No comments: