Monday, July 24, 2006

Reading Ahead


I'm going on this wonderful trip with some very experienced people who know the ropes and can get us through customs and all other officialdom with the least amount of trouble but I can't help myself - I had to get a guide book and start reading. The two biggest names in foreign travel guides are Fodor's and Frommer's. I got the Frommer's "Moscow & St. Petersburg" guide because it had the better reviews on Amazon.com. It's so neat to read about the sights we will see in Moscow and its neighborhoods. I would love to see St. Petersburg too but maybe next time. (Did you catch that? NEXT time already!)

Of course, the highlight of the trip is agoing to be something the guide books don't talk about - the children. Our Mission Committee Chairlady presented my trip to the congretation yesterday and talked about sledding and snowball fights with the orphans. I can't wait! Yes, I know it's going to be cold in Russia in December and January, but we haven't had a really good snow here in West Virginia for several years and I need to get involved in a good snowball fight.

Do svedanya!

No comments: