Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"Eagles Nest" Orphanage

The Eagles Nest Orphanage was originally built as a retreat for the wealthy and later was used by high ranking members of the Communist party.  It was turned into an orphanage in 1991.  It is a beautiful setting in the midst of the "taiga" forest.  The snow is several feet deep and the temperature the day we were there was -38C.

Morgan and Cassie.

It was a two-scarf day!

The orphanage dogs were there to greet us.

One of the cottages.

Morgan and Chris with his puppets.

The entrance to the main building.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie,
my name is Polina I was adopted 9 years ago from Eagles Nest orphanage, I was wondering if there is anyway you could provide me with an address to it. I don't have any contact information.
Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie,
my name is Polina I was adopted 9 years ago from Eagles Nest orphanage, I was wondering if there is anyway you could provide me with an address to it. I don't have any contact information.
Thank you so much!